Authority Marketing aligns established communication and marketing disciplines. This unique combination has an unprecedented impact: With publishing, speaking, and connecting thought leaders become acknowledged authorities.
With the continuous and increasing background noise of our modern times, it becomes more and more difficult to make oneself heard. The potential of content marketing though, with its overproduction of anonymous content appears to be comparatively limited.
The combination of content and person, subject and thought leader puts things into a new perspective: credibility, attention in relevant professional circles, and sustainable liaisons.
In order to achieve this, seven levers are to be set about in just the right way.
The Seven Levers of Authority Marketing:
- Personal Branding: Create an expert profile and add a personal mission, a unique subject matter, and trend-setting initiatives.
- Publishing and Content Marketing: Define and develop your subject matter and niche by publishing on different channels and attracting supporters and followers.
- Speaking: Be seen, heard, and experienced as an approachable person and professional by bringing your subject matter and expertise on stage.
- Networking: Seek and cultivate direct contact with multipliers, opinion leaders, influencers, fellow experts, and relevant associations.
- Lead Generation: Generate, qualify, and develop new contacts in cultural, political, and business environments (online and offline).
- PR and Reputation Management: Promote your image and reputation via citation and publication in leading media. Monitor and influence the echo of your activities.
- Event and Project Management: Start initiatives that pay into your subject matter, that help develop new liaisons and networks, and that exert influence upon markets and/or organizations.
Eventually, the thought leader’s aptitude and attitude facilitate success.